14k Rings Suggestions And Advice

14k rings are undoubtedly the most popular option for gold rings. The softness of pure gold does not make the metal suitable for making jewelry that will be long lasting. An alloy is formed by adding other metals to gold, this to increase the hardness of the metal. Gold rings in 10k, 14k and 18k gold have well defined proportions of gold and other metals. A 14k ring would have 58% of pure gold and the other metals, would make up the remaining 42%. The gold content in a 10k ring would be less than that in the 14k gold ring. Similarly an 18k gold ring, would a higher proportion of gold as compared to a 10k or 14k ring.

The hardness of the gold alloy increases as the proportion of the other metals moves up. As you might have guessed, 14k gold has a hardness that is less than that of 10k gold but, more than 18k gold. Most of us would like our gold ring to have a good gold content and yet, be strong enough to keep up with our wearing habits. A 14k gold ring strikes a nice balance between price, hardness and gold content. In this resource we discuss 14k rings and make useful suggestions for you to make a well informed buying decision.